Music Tech @ Steinway
The Music Technology Group is a new part of Steinway that wants to change the way people learn, play, and enjoy music.
You might not think of Steinway as a tech company, but it actually has a long history of innovation and technical achievement. We're here to continue that legacy into the digital era.
As part of the team, you'll help design, implement, and bring to market a number of products in the music tech space.
You'll come into contact with not only with people in the company,
but with technologists across the music software, hardware, and publishing industries.
Music Software Engineer
- Develop and maintain all the parts of the codebase across multiple components that touch music data.
- Work on systems for processing and analyzing music
- Help create new features
- Extensive knowledge of current music standards including MusicXML and MIDI.
- Experience with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with C++ or Objective-C
- Should be disciplined and have experience with test-driven development
- Develop and maintain the server-side components of Etude and other products.
- Experience in Django, or any other modern web framework.
- Familiarity with systems engineering, databases, and server administration.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
Music Editor/Community Manager
- Ensures the quality and selection of content available on the Etude Music Store
- Curates content on the store, deciding how to organize and feature songs for customers to buy.
- Responds to customer issues.
- Ability to read and proofread music. Familiar with standards of notation, arrangement and engraving.
- 2+ years of experience with some music notation package like Sibelius or Finale.
- Strong interpersonal skills